Support for Your Low Back & Hips Session 3: Gentle Backbends & Emotional Components That Can Lead To Back Pain
Support For Your Low Back & Hips:
Class 3~ Spinal Extension/ Backbends & Emotional Components that can lead to back pain (Why Back bending is so important and what is back there, energetics talk)
“Sitting is the new smoking.” That expression has stuck with me since the first time I heard it. It is! Sitting is wrecking havoc on our bodies, our minds and our overall health. We sit in the car to drive to and from work and run errands. We sit at our desks for hours on end. We sit at the table to eat and then many of us sit on the couch to unwind. On top of that when we sit we don’t tend to sit well. All of this flexion is causing all sorts of issues for our low back and hips. Come learn some simple exercises you can do in the car, at home, at work and on your yoga mat to undo some of the trouble all of this flexion is causing on our bodies! We will also be talking about energetically what do different areas of the body represent and how some of that could be keeping us stuck in more ways than one!
This 4 class workshop series will feature:
• Anatomy of the Lower Body- feet, legs, hip, low back and core
• Overview of different types of hip and back pain and common injuries
• Explore healthy postural and movement principles to help reduce pain & prevent future injury
• Learn gentle sequences to stabilize and strengthen the hips & lower back and muscles impacting them
• Explore some of the possible emotional & energetic links to the physical issues in the body & a safe space to clear some of that away
• Guided Breath work & simple daily affirmations to help cope with stress, anxiety & pain
Students and Teachers welcome! Come and take one section or sign up for them all!
Participants will receive detailed handouts so that they can practice at home
This workshop is for anyone interested in reducing chronic lower back pain or who is at a point in recovering from injury where they have been given permission by their doctor to engage in exercise. This workshop is also for yoga teachers who are interested in learning effective tools for serving students or clients with lumbar or sacral iliac conditions.
3 CEU’s available per session for yoga alliance registered teachers