- This event has passed.
Support For Your Low Back & Hips Session 1: Strength & Stability
This 4 class workshop series will feature:
• Anatomy of the Lower Body- feet, legs, hip, low back and core
• Overview of different types of hip and back pain and common injuries
• Explore healthy postural and movement principles to help reduce pain & prevent future injury
• Learn gentle sequences to stabilize and strengthen the hips & lower back and muscles impacting them
• Explore some of the possible emotional & energetic links to the physical issues in the body & a safe space to clear some of that away
• Guided Breath work & simple daily affirmations to help cope with stress, anxiety & pain
Students and Teachers welcome! Come and take one section or sign up for them all!
Participants will receive handouts so that they can practice at home
This workshop is for anyone interested in reducing chronic lower back pain or who is at a point in recovering from injury where they have been given permission by their doctor to engage in exercise. This workshop is also for yoga teachers who are interested in learning effective tools for serving students or clients with lumbar or sacral iliac conditions.
3 CEU’s available per class for yoga alliance registered teachers